Answered By: Julia Gunst Last Updated: Sep 02, 2021 Views: 10
GarageBand is a digital audio workstation (DAW) primarily geared towards music production.
- Only available on Mac computers.
- The interface is beginner-friendly.
- You can open existing GarageBand projects in Logic.
- GarageBand is a non-destructive editor - edits and effects are not applied permanently to imported audio files.
- Can be used for both recording and editing a podcast.
- Use the MIDI controller keyboard to create music from digital instruments.
- Setting Up an Audio Recording in GarageBand - Post Production Room 2M
- Penn State GarageBand Guides
- Official GarageBand Support
- Lynda.com GarageBand training tutorials (access Lynda using a Calgary Public Library membership*)
*If you don't have a CPL membership because you do not reside in Calgary, check your local library!
Setting Up an Audio Recording in GarageBand
GarageBand is only available in Post Production Room 2M and on the Mac loaner laptop from the Service Desk.