Answered By: Genista Kippin Last Updated: Jul 12, 2021 Views: 15
How can I learn more about AR?
These are all resources available from the library designed to help you explore and learn more about Augmented Reality (AR).
The Experience Lab is the go-to place on campus for support with Extended Realities (XR) technology, including AR. The best way to begin is to explore the webpage.
During Drop-in hours our staff are available to provide an introduction to any of the concepts, hardware and software that you may need some help with, plus to troubleshoot or just chat about what’s possible in this area!
Consultations, curricular integration and class visits are also available. To request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some suggested articles about AR in education, as well as selections from the library collection. Find more articles here, and more collection items here. To search yourself visit library.mtroyal.ca or try one of our databases.
- Augmented Reality for Developers: Build practical augmented reality applications with Unity, ARCore, ARKit, and Vuforia Linowes, J., & Babilinski, K. (2017). Augmented reality for developers : build practical augmented reality applications with Unity, ARCore, ARKit, and Vuforia . Packt.
- Understanding Augmented Reality: Concepts and Applications Ramirez, M. (2016). Virtual reality for beginners! : how to understand, use & create with VR (1st edition). publisher not identified.
- How Elearning Practitioners can Find Value in Augmented and Virtual Reality Technology: Book Review: Practical Augmented Reality: A Guide to the Technologies, Applications and Human Factors for AR and VR Kuksa, I. (2015). Making sense of space : the design and experience of virtual spaces as a tool for communication . Chandos Publishing.
- Augmented Reality in Education: Current Technologies and the Potential for Education Kesim, M., & Ozarslan, Y. (2012). Augmented Reality in Education: Current Technologies and the Potential for Education. Procedia, Social and Behavioral Sciences, 47, 297–302. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.06.654
- What is Augmented Reality?
Below are some suggestions for exploring AR applications.
The library offers many free workshops to help support the campus community with concepts and technologies in XR, including AR. To find out when programming is being offered check the Library Programming Calendar.
- Beginner's Guide to Augmented Reality: Explore Augmented Reality (AR) and learn about the industry and educational applications, equipment, digital collections, development tools, available library services and how to integrate this emerging technology into your classes and research.
- XR Toolkit Series: Creating Augmented Reality Experiences with Adobe Aero: Learn how to build, view, and share interactive augmented reality experiences using your Apple device (see technical requirements below) in this hands-on workshop, using the Adobe Aero platform. No coding required.