Answered By: Kerry Harmer Last Updated: Sep 15, 2020 Views: 60
Carvey by Inventables
Materials: wood, plastic, metal
Software: Easel online
File types: SVG or g code
Machine details: Maximum area of 11.6” x 8” x 2”. Material height + depth of cut can’t exceed 2". Production time: Depends on the file type, 1-40 minutes.
How to prepare for using this tool
Make an account with Inventables to access the Easel Software Have your design prepared in one of these ways:
- Create your design in the Easel Software
- Have your design exported into an SVG file or
- Create your own G code
Upload the file to Easel and follow the prompts in the software.
If you have questions about this, please discuss your project with Maker Studio staff before using the tool.
Health and Safety
- The Carvey has sharp drill bits which should not be touched without gloves.
- Drill bits should not be exchanged without supervision
- The machine has moving parts so long hair should be tied back and jewellery should be removed.
- Do not remove parts that are dusty without a dust mask.