Answered By: Francine May Last Updated: Nov 23, 2023 Views: 41
I'm not a student or employee of MRU. Is it possible for me to access online materials like databases or electronic journals?
Utilizing Online Resources On-Site
Members of the general public, retirees, holders of alumni cards, adjunct and guest researchers, as well as external borrowers with community borrower cards, are eligible to use the majority of the Library's digital resources by using our on-campus computers in person.
Utilizing Digital Resources Remotely
Open Access: Available to All
Open access resources are freely accessible for reading and research purposes to everyone, from any location. Here are some sources to get you started, depending on what you are looking for:
- Use LibrarySearch and limit your search results to open resources (find out how)
- Locate Open Access databases using the Library's AtoZ database list (limit to Open Access under the Database Type filter)
- For scholarship by MRU Researchers search MROAR, MRU's institutional repository and browse our MRU hosted journals.
- Find an open educational resource (including open access textbooks)
- Use other Open Access tools - find out more.