Last Updated: Jul 11, 2019     Views: 36

Q. How do I request an item not in the library? Where is the interlibrary loan (ILL) form?

You may use our interlibrary loan service, which provides access to library materials not owned by MRU.

Place requests directly using the Interlibrary Loan Request form

  • Choose your request type: for copies choose Article or Book chapter, for all loaned items select Book, video, thesis
  • Enter the full citation details for your item, any request notes and a ‘cancel if not received by’ date if applicable, then agree to terms of use and click Submit

While searching in LibrarySearch if there is no full-text option of an electronic resource, a link to the ILL form is provided in the item record. Use the following steps to submit an ILL from LibrarySearch:

  • Select an item record from your search results in LibrarySearch
  • Scroll to the 'Get it' section of the item
  • Sign into your library account
  • Click the 'Request interlibrary loan' link
  • Follow the prompts on screen to request the item!

You can also place requests when researching in many of the library databases. Look for the 'Find full text' or 'Look for a copy' link (or place using the direct method above).