Frequently asked questions
Last Updated: Jun 11, 2019 Views: 93
Q. I don't know how to get started on my research!
My topic is so big, I have no idea where to start.
Narrow your focus by focusing on one of the five W's:
- Who? - Focus on a particular person, population or group as the object of your research
- Where? - Narrow your focus to a specific community, region or country
- When? - Concentrate on a specific time period
- What? - Choose a particular event or a specific application of a process, theory, approach or methodology
- Why? - Discuss why your topic matters. What specific outcome, impact or implication? Examine specific reasons why something happens or happened.
Check out the Subject Guide for your class, often you will find assignment tips there!
You can also book a one on one appointment with your subject librarian or ask at the Service Desk for help focusing your research