Last Updated: May 13, 2020 Views: 6
Q. Is the Library open?
To prevent the spread of COVID-19. The physical Library is no longer open for the public.
There is very limited access to computer labs on the main floor only weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Before entering a computer lab, students will have health screening and need to use sanitization stations. Computers will be cleaned before and after use. All study spaces have been closed.
If you currently have physical materials on loan from our Library, please hold on to them until you receive further communication from us. Specific drop off instructions are available for equipment that must be returned. Due dates have been extended and no late fees will be applied to accounts at this time. We will email Library users once we are able to accommodate returns.
The entrance to the Library is now across from the Arts Building (EA). Employees and students will need their OneCards. If you do not have your OneCard with you or do not have one, on a temporary basis you can use the intercom access at West Gate.
In the longer term, you will need to get a OneCard by filling out the cardholder agreement here. Please allow 48 hours for processing. New OneCards can be picked up from the Security Services Desk at West Gate by presenting photo ID.
Support available to students and employees includes:
- The circulation of physical materials including equipment is temporarily suspended.
- Due dates for all currently borrowed materials will be extended. Please hold on to any borrowed materials until further notice.
- Online access to books, journals, databases, and archival materials remains unchanged.
- A process for digitizing and providing alternative formats for Course Reserve materials is now available.
- Computers with specialized software that were on the upper floors have been moved to the main floor.
- The main floor of the Riddell Library and Learning Centre remains partially open during campus open hours, but the second through fourth floors are closed.